Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information you give us, such as:
We collect personal information when you create an account, such as your first name, last name, email address and password.
Feedback and correspondence.
You may share information with us when you respond to surveys, participate in promotions or events, request customer support or otherwise interact with us.
Sensitive personal information
We will never ask you to send us or submit to the Service any information related to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or union membership; religious or other beliefs; your health, biometric or genetic information; information about your sexual preference or sexual orientation; or information about your criminal background.
Information we collect automatically
We use server logs, cookies and similar technologies to automatically collect information about your computer or device and how you interact with the Service. For example, we may record your application version, browser type, geographic location, computer or mobile operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session) and your unique device, application or advertising identifiers. In addition to information about your device, we collect information about how you interact with the Service, such as the page that referred you, your search terms, pages or areas of the Service you use or share, the time and duration of visits, features you used, links you clicked on and the names and number of users you interact with.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Service
We use your personal information to provide, support, understand and improve the Service. As part of providing the Service we may send you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support-related messages through the Service or by email. We may also communicate with you in response to your support requests, questions or feedback.
To personalize the Service
We use the information we collect to better understand your interests, make personalized recommendations based on your interests or information and otherwise personalize your experience with the Service.
To send you marketing communications
If you use the Service, request information from us, or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you ShotDeck-related marketing communications. You can always opt out of these communications by following the opt-out instructions in the message or by contacting us.
To create anonymous data
We may create aggregate and other anonymous data from our users’ personal information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to operate, understand and improve our Service, to develop new services, and for other lawful business purposes.
For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety
We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to investigate or prevent violation of the law or our Terms of Service; to secure the Service; to protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; and to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity. For example, we may use tools to scan your videos and other content in the Service for content that violates our Terms of Service or the law. We may also use information we collect about your device to detect users violating our Terms of Service and prevent further violations.
For compliance with law; legal claims
We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (c) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
With your consent
In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information with your consent.
Access, correct or delete
If you have an account, you can access and update the personal information in your profile. Registered users may also contact us to request deletion of your account and personal information. We may request information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request, such as where we need to retain your information for security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety, to comply with law or for legal claims. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. Once we process your request you will not be able to access your account or use the Service. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but where permitted by law, may remain for a period of time in our backup files or other instances where deletion is not practicable.
Notifications and marketing communications
In your notifications settings, you can choose how you would like to receive notifications from the Service. You may also opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out prompt in the email, or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Social Media Widgets
International Data Use
ShotDeck is headquartered in the United States and has service providers and users in other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or in other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may link to or integrate with other websites and services operated by third parties, including social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links and integrations are not endorsements of, or representations that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services and we are not responsible for their actions. Third party websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and sharing of your personal information and we encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
13428 Maxella Ave #251
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Additional Information for European Union Users
Controller and EU Representative
Legal bases for processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the legal basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at email@example.com
To provide the Service
You have entered a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide services you have requested or take steps that you request prior to providing services. If you do not provide information indicated as required or mandatory within the Service, or that is otherwise necessary to provide a requested service or feature within the Service, it will not be available to you.
These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where the impact on you overrides our interests (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
For compliance with law; legal claims
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
With your consent
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated at the time consent is requested.
Use for new purposes
If we transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area in a manner that requires us to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection legislation, we will do so. Please contact us for information on any such transfers or the safeguards applied.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including to satisfy legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You may ask us to take the following actions:
- Opt-out Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete Delete your personal information.
- Transfer Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Export Export a machine-readable copy of your personal information that you can use with a different service.
- Object Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the legal basis of processing your personal information if that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
To request one of these actions, contact us using the details in the Contact Us section above. We may request information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, please contact us. In addition, you may submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
California Residents - Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) gives you additional rights about the collection, processing and sale of your personal information, which are explained below.
Personal Information Collected
We only collect the following categories of personal information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law (i.e. gender);
- Geolocation data;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information (i.e. products purchased or viewed on our Site); and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
The specific pieces of personal information that we collect are set out in the “Personal Information We Collect” Section above. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use personal information collected for additional purposes without providing you with notice.
Purposes for Use of your Information
In order to learn about how we use your personal information, see the “How We Use Your Personal Information” Section above.
Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
We may disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes, for example, with our service providers as discussed above:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law (i.e. gender)
- Geolocation data
- Internet/electronic activity
- Commercial information (i.e. services viewed or purchased on our Site)
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes
For more information, see the “How We Use Your Personal Information” Section above.
Your Rights Under CCPA
Additionally, you have the following rights under the CCPA. Instructions on how to exercise each right are listed below. You may only exercise each right up to two times in any twelve (12) month period. To exercise more than one right or to submit more than one email address, please submit each request individually. If you submit multiple requests, we cannot guarantee the order in which your requests will be processed:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what categories of personal information we collected in the preceding twelve (12) months, including the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business or commercial purposes for which such personal information was collected and shared. You also have the right to know the categories of personal information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To exercise your right to know, you may or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. and follow these instructions:
- Include “Right to Know Under CCPA” in the subject of the email and
- Please include sufficient personal information for us to locate your records and to verify the identity affiliated with your account. At a minimum, you must provide the full name and email address affiliated with your account. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we are unable to verify your identity initially. Our ability to locate your personal information is limited by the accuracy and the completeness of the information that you provide.
- Right to Access: You have the right to receive the personal information that you gave us. The information that we will provide to you will be masked, meaning that portions of it will be omitted so that it can’t be used fraudulently. For example, your telephone number may display as (123)-XXX-XX567. In order to exercise your right to access, you may email us at email@example.com and follow these instructions:
- Write to us from the email address that is affiliated with your account and include “Right to Access Personal Information Under CCPA” in the subject of the email or written request; and
- Please include sufficient personal information for us to locate your records and to verify the identity affiliated with your account. At a minimum, you must provide the full name and email address affiliated with your account. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we are unable to verify your identity initially. Our ability to locate your personal information is limited by the accuracy and the completeness of the information that you provide. For example, if you use multiple email addresses and you include only one in your request, we may only locate the information associated with the email address that you included in the request.
- Deletion: You can request to have your personal information deleted from our systems and we will ask our service providers to do the same.
- Consequences of Deletion: Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our Services will not work the same. For example, you will not have an account (because any prior login information and saved transaction data will be deleted) and so your addresses and other information will no longer be available. If you make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending your deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
- Exceptions: We may not be able to fulfill your request if we (or our service providers) are required to retain your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a service or good requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
- In order to exercise your right to deletion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address affiliated with your account and follow these instructions:
- In the subject of you request, please write “Right to Deletion Under CCPA”;
- Please include sufficient personal information for us to locate your records and to verify the identity affiliated with your account. At a minimum, you must provide the full name and email address affiliated with your account. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we are unable to verify your identity initially. Our ability to locate your personal information is limited by the accuracy and the completeness of the information that you provide. For example, if you use multiple email addresses and you include only one in your request, we may only delete the email address that you included in the request.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under CCPA and we will not deny you services or goods, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights.